Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mumford and Sons - I Will Wait

Well, that was a nice little break huh? Hard to believe that January 10th is my first Your New Favorite Song post of the year. I could make an excuse like I wanted to let my Top 20 (plus 30 other) Artists of the Year list simmer a bit, but that'd be a lie. I was just lazy (well that and a Key West vacation happened). Excuses, excuses.

Anyway, not much new music out right now (OK, I'm sure there is, I just haven't been paying attention), so let's go with some of my Best of 2012 snubs. Let's start with Mumford and Sons. Reaction seems kind of mixed with these guys. Country fans are unsure, while the "alt" types seem to dig them (and let's not get started on the alt country types). I'm somewhere in the middle. I like the music but was kind of turned off when I saw them live (the over the top "rocking out" act was annoying...I had the same reaction to Arcade Fire and Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros as well). Their second album Babel isn't as good as their debut record Sign No More, but it's still pretty decent. The first single is definitely the most memorable. Here's the video. And yes, I do recognize that I just bitched about their annoying stage presence while posting a live video by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment