Thursday, July 19, 2012

Elizabeth Cook - It Takes Balls To Be A Woman


Me and Elizabeth

It always seems to be feast of famine with me when it comes to concerts. After going a month and a half without seeing anything, I've been to two concerts since last Thursday (Rhett Miller...and then Jason Aldean on Sunday) and I have three more by the end of the month. Not that I'm not complaining though, especially since I know that the next one (tomorrow) will be a blast. Of course I'm talking about the one and (most certainly) only Elizabeth Cook. I saw her live for the first time last summer (hence the photo above). Great music and fantastic storytelling made for one of my favorite shows of the year. And I fully expect more of the same tomorrow (OK, well I do expect to also hear songs off her tremendous new EP Gospel Plow). Anyway, here's the video for the song that initially reeled me in a few years ago. It's off her 2007 album Balls. Enjoy!



Don't be surprised if you see another video by her tomorrow at Totally Covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment