Friday, November 30, 2012

Beth Orton - Magpie

Over the years I've had the good fortune of seeing Beth Orton perform three times. The first time she was opening for Beck on his insane Midnight Vultures tour (if you saw it, you know what I mean). Almost 10 years later I got to see her play on a side stage at Lilith. Cool to experience, but it was just a short 30 minute set. A couple months later though I finally got to see her headline a show. Even better, it was at my town's under 300 seat venue and I had a front row table. It was an awesome concert experience (that of course included meeting her after the show).

Needless to say, I was pretty stoked earlier this year when I heard that she was working on some new material. Sugaring Season came out in October and I'm pleased to say it's some of her finest work to date. Here's the first video off it.

No comments:

Post a Comment