Monday, January 6, 2014

Eric Church - The Outsiders

All last week we looked at my best of 2013 lists (thanks for checking them out if you did...if you didn't, there's still time). This week, we'll take a look at some music that I'm definitely looking forward to hearing in the first quarter of 2014. So let's get this 2014 preview rolling with one of my favorite country singers, Eric Church. His performance of The Outsiders at this year's CMA Music Awards certainly turned some heads. Country music purists bristled (it doesn't take much) at the heavy metal-esque guitars (my question for them is what's a country purist doing watching the CMAs in the first place?). I for one, thought the performance was freaking bad ass. In fact, it reminded me of similarly killer performance two years prior at the CMAs when Miranda Lambert debuted Baggage Claim. Eric's new album, The Outsiders, drops on February 11th...this will likely be the only time I'm first in line for Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment